Electronics & Telecom Engineering
Telecommunications engineering or telecom engineering is a major field within Electronic engineering. The work ranges from basic circuit design to strategic mass developments. A telecommunication engineer is responsible for designing and overseeing the installation of telecommunications equipment and facilities, such as complex electronic switching systems, copper telephone facilities, and fiber optics. Telecom engineering also overlaps heavily with broadcast engineering.
Telecommunication is a diverse field of engineering including electronics, civil, structural, and electrical engineering as well as being a political and social ambassador, a little bit of accounting and a lot of project management. Ultimately, telecom engineers are responsible for providing the method that customers can get telephone and high speed data services.
Telecom engineers use a variety of different equipment and transport media available from a multitude of manufacturers to design the telecom network infrastructure. The most common media, often referred to as plant in the telecom industry, used by telecommunications companies today are copper, coaxial cable, fiber, and radio.
Our vision is: To be recognized globally as a beacon for quality engineering education and research in Electronics and Telecommunication.
Mission: The Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Department seeks
- To create technology & technologists for development and sustainable growth in the areas of electronics, communication and allied fields leading to wealth and welfare of Humanity.
- To serve the engineering educational and professional needs of the country, the region and the international communities.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO):
Graduates of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering specialization will
- PEO-1: Leverage their technical knowledge to acquire professional positions in electronics, telecommunication and allied fields.
- PEO-2: Apply appropriate science, mathematical, computational, core electronics, telecommunication and critical reasoning skills to analyze and solve real life problems.
- PEO-3: Utilize oral and written communication skills to present information effectively.
- PEO-4: Demonstrate a commitment to life long learning and continuous professional improvement.
- PEO-5 : Practice in a professional, ethical and socially responsible manner.
Pogramme Outcomes (PO):
Students of the program will have the following skills during and on completion of the program:
- An ability to apply current knowledge and adapt to emerging applications of mathematics, science, engineering and technology.
- An ability to identify, analyze and solve technical problems
- An ability to apply creativity in the design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the program objectives.
- An ability to conduct, analyze and interpret experiments and apply experimental results to improve processes.
- An appropriate mastery of the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of their disciplines
- An ability to understand professional, ethical and social responsibilities
- A respect for diversity and a knowledge of contemporary professional, societal and global issues
- An ability to function effectively on teams
- An ability to communicate effectively
- A commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning.
YEARLY NEWSLETTER OF ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMINICATION ENGINEERING